First off, I’d like to make it clear that this is for my own personal cause.
I’m not going to tell you that this is for some nonprofit organization helping to establish clean water in poverty stricken places or things like that. I’m not going to make up some sad story in order for you to feel guilty enough to donate. I need donations because I am unable to provide for myself efficiently or in a orthodox method (getting a job, for example).
And in no way am I sponsoring a company or endorsing a product.
I am running donations through PayPal.
Please continue reading.
Recently, I’ve messed up. I really messed up. I lost something very precious to me and necessary for my lifestyle. I did not realize its significance until I lost it, it seems like that’s how it always is, right?
I lost (yes, I LOST them, they were not stolen, I lost them because I am fucking sac of shit) a pair of contact lenses that cost around $1800. Wow, $1800? It’s a lot of money for good reason. I had lost what are called ortho-k lenses.
What are ortho-k lenses?
- Basically, they’re a non-surgical eye treatment/corrector that reshapes and molds the cornea in order to achieve clear vision.
- This treatment is eligible for people who have very, very, very bad eyesight (myopia, or nearsightedness, usually a -4.00 prescription or below), discomfort with contact lenses, very dry eyes, and astigmatism.
- If you want more information, there is a link to some general information that appeared earlier. Also, Google is your friend. Or, you could ask me.
I have myopia: -4.25 in my right eye and -4.50 in my left eye. If you want to put things into perspective, I can barely see the screen as I’m typing this out. I’m about a little less than a foot away from the monitor.
I also have astigmatism which makes it harder for me to focus on things. I have a hard time looking at things because they’re never really in focus. This directly affects my vision, therefore making my myopia, worse.
I do have dry eyes, therefore I also have discomfort with contact lenses, especially with soft lenses, and so on.
Ultimately, my poor vision has been a real struggle for most of life. I had glasses at a young age, poor vision runs in my family, blah, blah, blah.
Why do I need ortho-k lenses, even after I don’t deserve them after losing them the first time?
- I see, all the time, I need clear vision to do normal things like drive, listen to lectures, read from far away, see people, etc.
- I play sports that require clear sight such as volleyball. It’s a very technical sport and clear vision is necessary (in my opinion anyway).
- If i have these lenses, then I won’t need to turn to laser eye surgery or anything like that. These contacts are enough for me for the rest of my life.
- I am desperate to make my mom see me differently. I can go into my abusive relationship with her and my “depression”, but, you can message me about that if you’re really that curious.
- Getting them back would mean the world to me, and I’d honestly be very happy.
This whole loss really enlightened me in terms of being responsible for my things (however, I still can’t even believe I lost them myself, I am still processing it).
I’m just really desperate to get them back, and if donations are an option for me, I’ll do whatever I can to save up.
If you do donate…
- I will send you a thank you card, if you wanted one. I know it’s not much, but I want to show gratitude in some way. If you want a personal thank you card, you have to feel comfortable to give me your address. I can also send a “thank you” card electronically, if you prefer that.
- I will do promos if you request one (a screenshot of your blog, and promoted for 3 days), but I do not have a lot of followers, so please do not expect too much.
- Everyone that has donated will be put on a list as a little mini promo. I’ll advertise that list every few weeks. It will be a main link on my blog.
I know this is pretty selfish of me to ask of anyone, but I am such a low point right now I can’t even begin to care.
Even if you donated a single dollar, I’d be so grateful.
I am only asking for about $2000, and if 2,000 people saw this and donated a single dollar, that’s enough. I’m not asking for millions of people to see this, just enough.
If you do not want to donate, that is fine. I have other means of accumulating money.
If you want more bang for your buck…
- I’ll also be selling some of my clothes, and beautiful prom dresses (i’ll have a link up in the next week), and I will open up art commissions in the next week as well (my art is kind of shitty, but it’s all I have really).
If you don’t want to donate…
- That’s fine, honestly. But, if you could please, reblog this at least? Just to spread the word? Word of mouth would be so effective in this case.
- If you don’t care, that’s cool too!
Again, thank you so much for all of those who will donate or contribute in any other means. I can’t explain how happy that would make me.
Please click the donate button on my blog!
as we grow older, we are taught to put homework first, always. we are taught to set aside our interests to complete busy work. we are taught to indulge in time fillers, rather than doing what we really want. and so then, once in a blue moon, when we happen to have a day of no work, we don’t know what to do with ourselves. we forget what it means to be spontaneous; we learn to sit at a desk and focus. and I think that’s a shame
He looks like handsome squidward.
I’M LAUGHING SO HARD I CAN’T EVEN SAY THINGS
I tHOUGHT HE WAS VOLDEMORT
It’s actually a good thing that the zombie apocalypse starts in Florida because then the zombies only have one way to go and that’s straight up into trigger happy redneck territory. I give it two weeks before monster trucks and mullets save us.
can we talk about how this is still getting notes
Shippuden, 166: 告白, Confession.
"Because I love you."
Hᴇᴛᴀʟɪᴀ -- Cᴀʀᴅᴠᴇʀsᴇ ♔↳ Gᴇʀᴍᴀɴʏ // Jᴀᴘᴀɴ // Iᴛᴀʟʏ
today i sneezed in class and two people said “bless you” i’m getting famous faster than u all think
I wonder if the nuclear launch codes at Barack Obamas desk are “Brock Obama”
*releases 420 cows into a field* hahahaha graze it
GIRLS: if ur at a party and a guy hands you his phone to put ur number into, text REDCROSS to 90999 and he’ll donate $10 to hurricane relief
caN WE TALK ABOUT WHAT A CUTIE SPAIN IS WHEN ASLEEP
LIKE WOW CAN YOU STOP BEING SO FUCKIN CUTE AND SHOTA
whAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT
THIS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL